Yes, Iím jumping on the bandwagon.
1. Iím really annoyed because I typed this all out once but have no idea where it went.
2. I donít mind doing laundry.
3. The first car I bought by myself was a stick shift and I had never driven one. I couldnít afford an automatic.
4. I majored in Accounting because I couldnít think of anything else to do and I wanted to make sure I could get a job.
5. I feel guilty when my boss praises my work because my job is EASY and I spend most of my time on the Internet. But I donít want any more responsibility.
6. I spent 15 years slaving away putting myself through college, working long hours, getting raises and promotions, getting an MBA and moving 1000 away from family and friends for a job opportunityÖand all I want now is to be a sahm.
7. DH is my second husband. I met my first husband when I was 19, we married when I was 23 and separated 2 years later. There was nothing wrong with him, he was a nice guy I just didnít like being married. My DH now is A LOT like my first husband.
8. I need to lose 17 lbs which kills me because I was always thin. I am now on the South Beach Diet.
9. When I was third or fourth grade I would write out the lyrics to Kenny Roger songs and Ďsellí them to my father for a quarter. He was such a good sport sometimes!
10. I moved out of my house when I was still in high school to escape an abusive stepfather. I never forgave myself for leaving my 2-year-old sister there. Thankfully my mother finally got rid of him when my sister was still too young to know what was going on.
11. I RARELY cry. My mother once called me Ďcoldí because I showed no emotion at my grandmotherís funeral. I have known DH for about 9 years now and he has only seen me cry 2 or 3 times.
12. I donít really have any hobbies. I like to read when I get a chance but thatís not very often anymore. I like to read mindless drivel Ė but not romance or science fiction.
13. My favorite food is popcorn with lots of butter and salt. (No wonder why I need to lose weight)
14. I have never voted, Iím not even registered. (Oh, Iím steeling myself for the barrage of hate that is going to generate!) I never tell people that because I know itís shameful. I donít even know who ran in the last election. When people start talking about politics my eyes glaze over and I tune out. I just canít seem to get interested. I figure if I voted Iíd just be going in and randomly picking names. What good is that?
15. When we had a United Way campaign at work I chose to give my time rather than money (I was here at 5:30am one morning to make breakfast sandwiches to sell for the breakfast sale). Iím pretty sure the lady who processes payroll thinks Iím cheap because I didnít make a bigger donation.
16. Iíve lived in 5 states: New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia, Maryland and Tennessee.
17. We moved every 2 years until I was in high school.
18. My first boyfriend was black and I had to hide it because my stepfather is a racist. Which I always thought was odd because he is Iranian and has a bit of a darker complexion. I never told my boyfriend why I didnít invite him over because I was ashamed.
19. We still co-sleep with my 2-year-old son and NO, I DO NOT THINK THAT IS WEIRD. I use attachment-parenting methods to raise my son and he is turning out just great thankyouverymuch.
20. I HATE going to the dentist. Thankfully I have good teeth (knock on wood).
21. On our honeymoon, DH and I went to Amsterdam, Barcelona and drove down the coast of Italy.
22. Iím a disaster in the kitchen. I can barely boil water. I read recipes and sometimes donít understand the terminology so I donít know what it is Iím supposed to do. I feel like an idiot. (What the hell is braising anyway?)
23. About 10 years ago I passed the CPA exam but never bothered to get my license.
24. I hardly ever listen to music or watch movies. The last movie I saw was Walk the Line on HBO and I was disappointed.
25. Iím usually quite a loner but always say Ďyesí when asked if Iím a Ďpeople person.í
Whew, that was difficult!!! But sort of cathartic in a way. Iíve really enjoyed reading everyone elseís lists.
Yes, Iím jumping on the bandwagon.